Blog background - gorjuss

Sunday 27 June 2010

Patriotism



This time last year, Alan and I were in USA. We actually went twice last year, once for the twins 18 birthday and then again just the two of us because I was desperate to be in the USA for Independence day.
I know alot don't like the USA because it is big, brash and yes can be very *in your face*, but we love it. Everything about it, in particular the patriotism, it wouldn't be a bad thing for some of the UK to be more patriotic. I know we can do it, you only have to look at the current enthusiasm for England in the World Cup. But whats the betting, once the games are over, the flags will come down..

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I would love to go to America, I also think the patriotism is wonderful. We have a few freinds that live in America (hoping to maybe go and visit them next year!) and they are so happy there, I think the people are very freindly too and that makes a big difference (unlike the Oldham area!). I have really been enjoying how patriotic everyone is here at the moment but I also think the flags will come down quickly now!!

    ReplyDelete